With winter only a few weeks away, we thought we would detail the five things you need to keep your curls healthy, bouncy and vibrant throughout the cold winter months.
1. Portable Hair Bonnet Dryer: Mimic those amazing deep conditioning treatments you receive at your favorite salon at home. Portable hair bonnets connect to your hair dryer. Once you slather your freshly washed hair with Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner, just sit under your portable hair bonnet dryer for 20-30 minutes and let the heat help the conditioner penetrate your hair leaving your curls soft, moisturized and thoroughly hydrated.
2. Deep Conditioner: Our Deep Conditioner is truly a curly must have for the winter months. Chock full of vitamins, nutrients and healthy hair ingredients such as; safflower seed oil, this highly emollient conditioner replaces loss moisture and helps repair and rebuild dry, damaged hair. For those with healthy curls, we suggest using our Deep Conditioner once a week. For those with damaged tresses, we suggest twice a week.
3. Satin Pillowcase or Wrap: Sleeping on cotton pillowcases causes hair to dry out and increases tangling and hair breakage no matter what your hair type. Curly hair types especially suffer from the damaging effects of cotton pillowcases which is why we highly recommend investing in a quality satin pillowcase or a satin head wrap. Satin doesn’t cause fragile locks to break off or tangle. You will see a noticeable improvement in your hair once you switch from cotton pillowcases to satin pillowcases.
4. Vitamins or Supplements: You should always take a good multivitamin or supplement but its even more important during the winter months when you are subjecting yourself to extremely cold climates. Prenatal vitamins are a wonderful way of increasing your intake of the proper vitamins and nutrients you need to keep hair healthy and strong. You can use a prenatal vitamin whether or not you are expecting. Hair undergoes many changes during this time of the year and the best way to protect your hair is with a good multivitamin that has biotin, folic acid and vitamins A,C and E.
5. Leave-In Conditioner: Styling your curls during the winter months requires products with hydrating ingredients and our Leave-In Conditioner is just what your curls are thirsty for! Packed with vitamins, this creamy leave-in coats hair with moisture while helping to define and enhance your natural curls, coils and waves.