The 4th of July weekend is only a few days away which means many of you are searching for the perfect bikini, wedges and a great pair of sunnies so you can hit the pool, beach or lake for some fun in the sun. One of the biggest challenges in the summer season is how to care for your tresses when hitting the water. We have a few tried and true tips to keep your curls healthy and happy this summer swimming season.
- Wet hair before you dive into the water. Sounds strange but if you soak your hair before hitting the pool or ocean, your hair won’t soak up as much chlorine or saltwater. It’s a preventative measure that works well no matter what your hair type.
- Do a pre-conditioning treatment with unrefined coconut oil the night before as hair will absorb the moisturizing oil which helps maintain the hair’s condition when hitting the pool the next day.
- For those with medium to long hair – pile hair onto the head or create a nice bun in order to keep hair from tangling.
- For optimum hair care during the summer, be sure to rinse hair and deep condition as soon as you finish swimming.
- Let hair air dry after conditioning it. Keep heat styling to a bare minimum as this only further damages already fragile strands.
- Opt for a leave-in conditioner instead of your usual styling aids i.e. gels, mousse, pomade. Leave-In conditioner further moisturizes and nourishes the hair while defining curls.
Get your summer hair care products at MixedChicks.net