Spring ahead with gorgeous curls, waves, kinks and coils! We are glad the long weary winter is finally over and we can march ahead into spring ready for some great hair days. Every time you change seasons, it’s important to change your hair care regimen too.
In the spring, the temperatures begin to climb and the moisture levels in the atmosphere also increase. With more moisture in the air, you’ll notice your hair is much healthier looking and won’t need as much extra hydration as it does in the winter months. Here are a few tips to help get your curls springtime ready in a flash:
- Lighten up your styling products. Reach for your Leave-In Conditioners, gels and creams for your daily styling needs. With rising humidity, you will want to help define curls, waves, coils and kinks with lightweight styling products.
- Add a clarifying shampoo to your routine. With the increase of humidity you may find that you are using more styling products than in the winter time. You will want to add a clarifying shampoo to your hair care regimen once a week to help eliminate product build-up.
- Schedule a trim. If you haven’t been to your stylist all winter season, it’s time to trim those dead ends and bring your curls back to life. Hair grows faster in the spring and summer months so don’t worry about losing an inch or two!
- Cold rinses are your best-friend. At the end of your wash and conditioning cycle, give your curls a blast of cold water. This helps to seal the cuticle leaving your hair super shiny just in time for those gorgeous spring days!
- Color your curls. Highlights are great for spring as they brighten up your look and add dimension and depth to your curls. Be sure to go to a professional stylist to ensure you get the results you desire.
Stock up on all of your spring hair must-haves at www.MixedChicks.net